- Fill a gap in American Indian Studies;
- Development of multicultural scholars across disciplines;
- Develop relevant curriculum and practicum experiences (mentorship), and teaching methodologies that will enable the translation of the Washington University curriculum into a useful product for Native scholars;
- The provision of accessible scholarly research, professional consultation, and technical assistance in community, policy and program development and planning;
- Ethics - Protection of traditional knowledge within context of academic advancement of knowledge – a consultative committee that provides the “how-to” knowledge of ways to accomplish this.